Etre [eh-truh] : French verb meaning "to be". This is the most simple and truthful thing any of us is capable of.
With Etre, my goal is to capture your cherished and important moments in an honest and truthful way through my lens. In short I strive to capture you...simply being you.

5.4.12

Emotional Oscar Wilde | Creative Shoot, Lehi, Ut

I had really been wanting to do a creative shoot where each of my subjects represented a portion of some bigger picture. Like the 7 deadly sins, or the 4 seasons, or stereotypes, or fruits (haha yeah fruits totally popped into my head in the primary stages. Don't judge. Who wouldn't naturally long to take pictures of people representing fruits? Oopah.) Anyway, I had had this idea for a shoot in the back of my brain for a few weeks, and when I came across this quote, I knew what to do... and it was WAY better than grapes and watermelon.

“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them". -Oscar Wilde

I knew I wanted to shoot EMOTION. 4 gorgeous girlfriends of mine, and one incredible hair and makeup artist helped pull the shoot together. Check it.

| J O Y |


 | R A G E |

| S E R E N I T Y |



| D E S P A I R |

Joy, rage, serenity, and despair each have a rightful place in everyone's life. I love fantastic Mr. Wilde's vote that we are genius enough to use, enjoy, and dominate these emotions to benefit our lives.








 If we're going to be all emotional and junk, we might as well embrace it!



 I loved loved loved hanging out with these emotional girls all afternoon. Photo shoots are such prime bonding time.

Hair & makeup by Mindi Nielsen

2 comments:

  1. Hannah!!! Amazing. Seriously you totally nailed it. I love that it is indoors fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this! And Jordan! Miss her!! They all look great and the pictures rock!

    ReplyDelete