Etre [eh-truh] : French verb meaning "to be". This is the most simple and truthful thing any of us is capable of.
With Etre, my goal is to capture your cherished and important moments in an honest and truthful way through my lens. In short I strive to capture you...simply being you.

17.11.11

halloween. (it's a party)


Yes I realize it's nearly Thanksgiving. AND...I'm extremely grateful for the awesome friends we got to celebrate Halloween with this year!

Mr. Smith and I hosted the best Halloween party of your life last month in our tiny basement apartment. ALL the decorations were black and silver. We had his high school buckaroos and their spouses join us that night, and it was fantastic!

Here's proof...







spooky and creepy decor for a yummy sit-down dinner









we ate by candlelight... and then played a seriously intense game of Boys vs. Girls Halloween Catchphrase. I'd tell you who won, but winning isn't everything.




Then we treated (haha get it?!) ourselves to dessert and a scary movie.




What's a movie without popcorn?!




and some mummy-pretzel guys...




And what's Halloween without homemade rootbeer?! Mr. Smith only had one glass after making it for his first time and realizing that is pretty much made with sugar and sugar. LOVE IT!



Costumes were mandatory. And our friends did NOT disappoint!

Hippies. Bo-peep and Woody. Gen-X gangsters.

How great that our gangsters are so white that they had to give one another lessons on how to be bone thugs.
Best crime-fighting duo of all time. WIZARDS!!!



Hillbillies. Dracula & Bride of Frankenstein.


Halloween was a real winner this year. It set the perfect tone for the rest of this holiday season. I'm so grateful for the friends we have to party with.
And now I can't wait to plump up next week for Thanksgiving! Oh how I love good food!



No comments:

Post a Comment