Etre [eh-truh] : French verb meaning "to be". This is the most simple and truthful thing any of us is capable of.
With Etre, my goal is to capture your cherished and important moments in an honest and truthful way through my lens. In short I strive to capture you...simply being you.

6.11.12

Alex and Courtney // DIY Weddings

DIY weddings, along with their DIY wedding decorations and receptions, are some of my very favorites. Not because of their low cost, because I definitely don't believe that all DIY weddings are done on a small budget.
DIY weddings are beautiful because the brides behind them; with their mad glue gunning, glittering, and bow-tying skills, are ALWAYS so invested in their special day. Obviously every bride is into her wedding to some degree, but DIY weddings allow me to see the bride's heart and happiness with so much clarity. Is it fung shui centerpieces, or the most perfect seasonal blossoms of a bouquet that make her happy?
I don't mean to make DIY brides sound vain or shallow, I'm trying to tell you how much I love them!
When they're doing everything themselves, they have to pick and choose what's most important, and I love love love discovering what that is.

Alex and Courtney's DIY wedding philosophy was brilliant, and I admire them so much for it. I've never seen eloquence paired with such a clear focus on life's highest priorities.
No exaggeration, I probably heard the phrase, "We're already married, so nothing else about today matters," over a dozen times on their wedding day. That beautifully simple thought was threaded  through EVERY part of their day. Of course their ring ceremony was tear-filled, and the reception was beautiful.
I just fell in love with them that much more, knowing that in their heart of hearts they would have been 100% content with nothing aside from one another, and a newly deepened commitment to their love.
Oh I'm crying at how happy this day was!
I posted a preview of these two forevs ago about loving their wedding day perspective. It  just makes me so happy to relive their joy! Selfish? Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6.11.12

    hannah i love these! you do such a good job!

    ReplyDelete