Etre [eh-truh] : French verb meaning "to be". This is the most simple and truthful thing any of us is capable of.
With Etre, my goal is to capture your cherished and important moments in an honest and truthful way through my lens. In short I strive to capture you...simply being you.

19.7.12

The Greatest Adventure // Irish Beach, CA

**WARNING**
WAY too many photos of the family vacation are posted below.
All of which are glorious 
(but as a very involved first party with a lot of direct involvement in the adventure, I may be biased). 
Seriously though, sorry right now for how long it will take you to look through this post 
if you're in it for the long haul.

This was my view of the sunset from seat #6. Headed out of the Salt Lake valley, and into a very looong night on the road.
 
Arriving was divine beyond description.
Yes, I got a little trigger happy with the family photos at the beach...but the beautiful coloring was calling to me. Don't worry, B. is still part of the family...he was just busy reading DAT books.
 I warned you.
 We spent an afternoon in Mendocino just up the road one afternoon, and I probably sang "...Mendo-cinooo county line" about 100 times no exaggeration. I should do Willie (and Mendocino) a favor and at least learn the rest of the words.
The redwoods were conveniently positioned directly between where we were, and where we were headed. Those trees talk...totally being serious right now. They sound a lot like giant moose or elk or forest monsters fyi 
so don't be afraid next time.
 Beaches are bomb, hands down no question. Especially ones with pelicans.
 
 I even let someone else take the Canon reigns for awhile, which I'm grateful for because look how happy I get to remember the beach making me!
There were gnarly old cemeteries spotting the coastline left and right, so we decided to wander through one on an especially foggy afternoon. It was eerie OBVIOUSLY, but so silent and soft and peaceful at the same time. Definitely a good place to rest for reverends and teddy bears alike.
The beach (along with it's slimy tide pools) was just down the path from our temporary abode. 
The view...really... beat it, I DARE you.
We had one REALLY sunny day during the week, and utilized the crap out of it...
My best husband ever picked me a bouquet of wild flowers which is p.s. the sweetest thing ever and I highly recommend having husbands worldwide give it a try.
 Our sunny day ended with a spectacular sunset that our makeshift tripod kindly captured. It was seriously such a fantastic week spent with people I'm so very very fond of. If you haven't deserted this post by now, you might as well consider yourself one of the family.

1 comment:

  1. as always, I love your pictures! such a fan. that seriously looks like soooo much fun! I am also a lover of beaches

    ReplyDelete